Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mount Sinai Services is seeking a full-time staff psychologist to play an active role within the Adult Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic (AOPD) at NYC Health+ Hospitals/Queens,serving a diverse and underserved community. Patients present with the full range of DSM diagnoses, and are often subject to compound stressors and co-morbid medical conditions. The psychologist will be expected to participate in all phases of the outpatient process: performing intake assessments; developing and updating treatment plans; providing empirically-based treatment groups and individual short-term, outcome-oriented psychotherapy; working with families and community resources to provide patient support; collaborating with the interdisciplinary team; and attending disposition and other staff meetings. The Psychiatry Department is moving towards shorter-term, relatively focused, evidence-based treatments, and the psychologist is expected to play a significant role in facilitating the transition, including training and supervising clinical staff in these approaches.
The position also involves the completion of quality assurance and/or special projects; performance of psychological testing; supervision and mentorship of psychology trainees; and an active role in the development of psychology internship and externship programs. A psychologist in this position has the potential for significant professional growth, as the AOPD develops innovative treatment tracks to meet patient needs and creates other programming to reduce patient hospitalizations.
Requirements for this position include:
1. A doctoral degree from an APA-accredited clinical, health, school, or counseling psychology program; completion of an APA-accredited internship; and post-doctoral experience in a large healthcare organization working with under-served and at-risk patients.
2. Current license and registration as a New York State Psychologist.
3. Proficiency in evidence-based practices; sophisticated therapeutic and evaluation skills; comfort working with persons with serious mental illnesses and compound stressors; sensitivity to multiculturalism; and the capacity to juggle a large caseload and multiple, sometimes competing responsibilities.
4. Proficiency in psychological testing.
5. Experience providing clinical training and supervision, and a commitment to training the next generation of psychologists.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal
opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and
cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.