**This Posting is for Future Opportunities & Not for an Active Vacancy**
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Physician Assistant – Specialty areas include Cardiac EPS/ ICU/ OR, Orthopedics (Inpatient and Outpatient)/OR, General Surgery (OR and Non- OR), Urology, Oncology, SICU, Neurosurgery (OR and Non-OR), Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Pulmonology, Chemical Dependency, HIV/AIDs Clinic
The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
Whether our Physician Assistants are caring for a critically ill patient as part of an interdisciplinary team or assisting in a groundbreaking surgery, they all have one common goal – to provide world-class patient care. At Mount Sinai, we advance innovation by leveraging progressive technologies, such as our state-of-the-art simulation training labs. We encourage autonomy among our PA’s by fostering an environment that is focused on building strong relationships with our patients through earning & keeping their trust. Resilience is a requirement, as every day brings a new set of challenges.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
Under the direct supervision of a physician, provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services. Provides a broad spectrum of comprehensive medical services, treating patients with physical ailments, which range from superficial injuries to acute medical disorders. Case mix complexity consists primarily of routine cases in a structured environment with ample supervision.
- Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
- Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
What You'll Bring:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the NYS Board of Medicine
- Current unrestricted DEA certificate for mid-level providers.
- NYS Mandated Infection Control Course Certificate (renewable every four years)
- Current BLS and ACLS certification (for all Departments other than Pediatrics)
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.