** This Posting is for Future Opportunities and Not for an Active Vacancy **
Operating Room Nurse
Pursue future opportunities for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai or at seven of our premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
A nursing career on the cutting edge
Mount Sinai. Wear the badge of excellence.
All Day. Every Day. You work tirelessly to treat our patients. You build and foster meaningful relationships. You strike the right balance between empathy and excellence, compassion and professionalism.
By combining autonomous, passionate caregiving with state-of-the-art technology, you are winning awards, advancing patient care and crafting the future of your nursing practice in the 21st century.
You are a Mount Sinai Nurse.
Nurses are the heart of healthcare — compassionate collaborators with valued expertise and voices who provide and coordinate relationship-centered care on a 24/7 basis. You are empowered to build harmonious partnerships on behalf of each patient and family member that entrust us with their care.
What you’ll do
- The Operating Room Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and their significant others
- Circulates in all surgical specialties including – but not limited to - General, ENT, Urology, Vascular, Transplant, Orthopedics, and Neurosurgery
- Collaborates with surgeons, surgical technologists, and other members of the surgical team
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions
What you'll bring to succeed
- A capacity to learn, synthesize, make critical judgments, place patients and families first, and collaborate with team members who are recognized leaders within health care.
- 1-3 years of circulating experience either in a main Operating Room or a multi-disciplinary surgery center. Alternate experience includes completion of a Periop 101 program.
- BLS / BCLS certification required
- CNOR highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions
- Exception: Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing graduates considered for identified specialized areas of practice; Current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire is required for consideration
- Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN license (or willingness and eligibility to obtain)
Why work with us.
Expanding the possibilities
Here, innovation is valued and collaboration is more than a buzzword. The health system is full of friendly, helpful people who share a common devotion to delivering extraordinary patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home—culturally, ethnically, in outlook and lifestyle. Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefit package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
Strength Through Diversity
We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and always aim to make our employees feel valued and appreciated. We believe that diversity is a driver for excellence. Therefore, regardless of your age, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, military/veteran status, disability status, religious belief or other defining characteristics, we value the impact your differences have on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to be named to the 2016 Diversity Inc “Top 3 Hospitals and Health Systems” list. EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans