Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Laboratory Technologist for Future Opportunities
**This Posting is for Future Opportunities & Not for an Active Vacancy**
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Clinical Laboratory Technologist
- Blood Bank
- Tumor CytoGenetics
- Flow Cytometry
- Cellular Therapy
- Bone Marrow
- Anatomic Pathology
*Please note, shifts vary from day, evening, night and variable shifts with schedules that include full-time, part-time and per diem.
What You'll Do:
Performs basic, routine and advanced diagnostic procedures for the isolation and identification of microbial pathogens from clinical specimens. In each specialized area, the technologist must maintain in-depth knowledge of techniques, principles and instrumentation, as well as the physiological conditions affecting test results. Maintains familiarity with the various testing procedures done in a laboratory. In addition, conducts or assists in special projects, evaluates new products and instrumentation and performs quality control measures.
- Performs and reports assigned analytical tests, including high complexity tests on biological specimens, in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner in compliance with documented laboratory procedures.
- Determines acceptability of specimens by performing visual inspections or by recognizing abnormal/ unusual results. Documents unacceptable specimens according to appropriate policy. Communicates specimen requirements to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains QA policies and procedures to ensure validity of results. Recognizes factors that affect measurements and results and takes appropriate action according to predetermined protocols. Performs quality control for all testing and meets established ranges before patient results are released.
- Enters test results into the Laboratory Information System in order for standardized report to be generated for physicians review and interpretation. Informs appropriate personnel of department supply needs ensuring uninterrupted testing.
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or related field
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote
recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to
make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender,
background, or sexual orientation.