Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Emergency Medical Services Interview Day - EMTs
** Emergency Medical Services Interview Day 3/20**
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to
patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned
reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working
collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are
valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a
daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with
global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services
that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Receives emergency calls from dispatcher or Supervisor and promptly, safely responds to assignments.
- Ensures the safety of the patient and other pre hospital personnel at all times.
- Performs medical histories and performs physical exams as indicated on patients in the field.
- Initiates indicated treatment modalities according to written policies and medical control physician orders.
- Remains in-service until properly relieved or released by supervision.
- Accompanies the patient to the ED and monitors and treats the patient during transportation.
- Transports the patient to the appropriate emergency department and reports orally to the nurse and/or physician.
- Writes a comprehensive report documenting the situation at the scene, physical exam, orders received, treatments rendered, response to these treatments, and other information deemed pertinent.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the
mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient
care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled
education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we
Formed in September 2013, The Mount
Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at
Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth
Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai
Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear
Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for
individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel
valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual
What You’ll Bring:
- Four year high school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of training program as an NYSDOH Emergency Medical Technician, and other protocol update programs as currently required.
- Certification as a NYS EMT 1+ years 911 experience preferred.
- NYS certification test score minimum of 80%
- Tri-State issued driver's license with infraction free
driving abstract within the last 30 days