Mount Sinai Careers
Emergency Medical Services Interview Day - Paramedics
**This Posting is for an upcoming interview day 3/20**
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe. Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Paramedic will work as part of the Emergency Medical Services team to provide emergency treatment of patients based on treatment modalities written according to New York State Department of Health - EMS, REMSCO, and FDNY operating protocols and medical control physician orders.
- Checks vehicle, equipment and supplies at beginning of shift to insure regulatory compliance
- Receives emergency assignments from dispatcher and promptly responds.
- Operates the ambulance safely and obeys all traffic laws in accordance with NYS-VTL, NYSDOH, FDNY Operating Guide regulations, and hospital Policy and Procedures.
- Ensures the safety of the patient and other personnel at all times.
- Takes histories and performs physical exams as indicated.
- Initiates indicated treatment modalities according to written New York State Department of Health - EMS, REMSCO, and FDNY operating protocols and medical control physician orders.
- Completes a clear, concise, comprehensive and neatly written ambulance call report documenting the situation at the scene, physical exam, orders received, treatments rendered, response to these treatments, and other information deemed pertinent.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the
mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient
care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled
education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we
Formed in September 2013, The Mount
Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at
Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth
Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai
Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear
Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is
committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the
inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly
competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for
individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel
valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual
What You’ll Bring:
- Four year high school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of training program as a
Paramedic and Emergency Medical Technician, and other protocol update
programs as currently required.
- Certification as a NYS EMT 1+ years 911 experience preferred.
- NYS certification test score minimum of 80%
- Drivers License valid and active in New York State without infractions, points, or accidents.