Mount Sinai Careers
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Whether our Physician Assistants are caring for a critically ill patient as part of an interdisciplinary team or assisting in a groundbreaking surgery, they all have one common goal – to provide world-class patient care. At Mount Sinai, we advance innovation by leveraging progressive technologies, such as our state-of-the-art simulation training labs. We encourage autonomy among our PA’s by fostering an environment that is focused on building strong relationships with our patients through earning & keeping their trust. Resilience is a requirement, as every day brings a new set of challenges.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor in Science or Masters degree
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the NYS
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current unrestricted DEA certificate
- Basic Computer skills to navigate Electronic Medical Record
- MS Office Basic
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.