Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Clinical Risk Manager; RN for Future Opportunities
** This posting is for Future Opportunities Only***
Clinical Risk Manager
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Clinical Risk Managers are responsible for the day to day risk management activities for The Mount Sinai Medical Center, including investigating, managing and analyzing risk management data; complying with risk management standards of the Joint Commission, other accrediting agencies, and the New York State Department of Health and conducting risk management educational programs.
Clinical Risk Managers are responsible for the coordination and investigation of serious adverse events, including potentially reportable incidents to the New York State Department of Health and provides documentation of all related data and facilitates resolution of reported incidents. This position supports the Medical Center’s objective of enhancing and promoting patient safety and quality of care and minimizing loss to protect the assets of the facility. This individual participates in formulating risk reduction strategies, policy and/or organizational changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the risk management program to meet the needs of the institution.
- Review and analysis of all occurrence reports for Risk Management, quality of care, regulatory and insurance concerns.
- Performs investigation of potentially reportable incident (s) to the New York State Department of Health.
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis investigations, which includes assessing need for focused review by departments, and or clinical chairpersons for peer reviews.
- Maintains risk management information system database.
- Prepares various incident summary reports; provides all required documentation for investigations, activities and resolutions related to the reported incident (s).
- Facilitates the peer review process and completion of corrected action plans (CAP).
- Identifies organizational risk through trend analysis of incidents, incident letters, reports etc.
- Interface with the FOJP on-site Risk Control Coordinators: reporting potential claims as well as cases of concern by preparation of preliminary reports, and determination of priority of investigation given risk management assessment
- Assists in developing educational programs to raise staff awareness to risk exposure and the impact on professional liability.
- Prepares annual analytical summary of risk management annual and historical data and trends for presentation to Senior Management.
- Performs other related duties
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field; Masters or JD preferred.
3 years risk management experience (greater than three years preferred)
Licensing and Certification Requirements
Name: Current New York State license as a Registered Professional Nurse or other licensed clinical professional, JD preferred
General Skills and Competency
Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
Effective conflict resolution skills
Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment