The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Health Information Clerk is responsible for performing clerical duties in various units within the department. The primary functions include but not limited to filing, retrieval, sorting, posting pf medical records. Sorting, scanning loose reports, manual upload to the hospital’s imaged documents repository of documents scanned and reviews the quality of scanned images.
- Coordinates external DRG reviews with third parties.
- Performs indexing process with accuracy by ensuring that each document is indexed to the correct patient/ encounter and/ or document type.
- Coordinates the process of physician dictations with the transcription service company.
- Notifies all appropriate departments when a physician is removed from the suspension status
- Mails out Warning Notices and Suspension letters to all physicians.
- Tours facility to collect old and untenured records.
- Answers telephone calls and routes them appropriately.
- Assist customers with requests for health information.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes mail.
What You’ll Bring:
• High School Graduate or equivalent. Must be able to prepare reports and keep records.
• 1 to 2 years clerical experience. Detail oriented and background in basic office procedures, good computer skills and training required in (Windows/NT), Onbase.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with other members of HIM and other hospital personnel.
• Medical Terminology
• Ability to set priorities, problem solve, use proper judgment in difficult situations and be flexible
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.