Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Assistant Nurse Manager is a Registered Professional Nurse with broad knowledge and skills who acts as clinical leader in the daily functioning of the unit and oversight of quality patient care delivery, in conjunction with, or in the absence of, the Clinical Nurse Manager.
1. Leads nursing practice using the tenets of the Professional Practice Model of Relationship Centered Care and the Care Delivery Model of Modified Primary Nursing for the promotion of the patient experience.
2. Initiates service recovery for patients and family members who have concerns and escalates to Clinical Nurse Manager/Associate Director of Nursing/designee or Patient Relations as needed.
3. Works collaboratively with physician dyads and the healthcare team to promote patient care and regulatory standards.
4. Maintains a nursing unit in compliance with all regulatory agency mandates, including the regulations of NYS DOH and The Joint Commission.
5. Oversees 24 hour patient care delivery, throughput, staffing and processes to ensure efficient and effective operations.
6. Maintains control of established positions and manages the recruitment and retention of qualified staff.
7. Evaluates nursing staff performance and mentors, coaches, counsels and disciplines staff as needed.
What You’ll Bring:
Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing required; Masters in nursing or health related field preferred.
Licensed as a registered nurse with current registration in New York State
3 years minimum clinical nursing experience with some Charge Nurse/supervisory experience preferred. Must have
relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice assigned
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender,
background, or sexual orientation.