Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
- Reviews patient charts thoroughly to ascertain all diagnoses/procedures.
- Assigns and codes all ICD-10 diagnoses, as well as applicable CPT procedures.
- Abstracts Discharge Disposition, Consultation, External Cause of Injury Codes, Transfer out Facility Codes, as well as others.
- Performs ICD-10 coding and DRG calculation when requested.
- Utilizes computerized coding/abstracting equipment.
- Ensures data quality and optimum reimbursement allowable under the federal and state payment systems.
- Acts a resource person to hospital staff in coding and may provide education regarding coding changes/issues.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements for licensure.
- Maintains hospital and departmental requirements, policies, and standards on confidentiality
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital as well as the vision of the department.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and other departments.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Thorough knowledge of Medical Terminology, ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding, as well as DRG logic and CRT coding. Thorough knowledge of current coding guidelines.
- Medical Records experience or related background
- CCA, CPC, CCS Certification
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St.Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.