Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Responsible for patient care and support activities, promoting patient focused care within the unit or care center. Assists patient in activities of daily living, collecting specimens and performing procedures, maintaining a safe, clean environment.
- Performs and maintains records of patient's vital signs, such as blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Documents intake and output.
- Performs specimen collection, and assists the RN in performing clinical procedures, such as venipuncture, physical exams, EKG, venodyn boots, post-mortem care, and maintenance of skin integrity
- Sets up for selected procedures.
- Assists patient with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, and/or toileting
- Assists with dietary functions, including delivering and collecting patient trays at bedside, providing menus and assisting patients with menu completion, mixing nutritional supplements, reporting variations in dietary status to RN or Dietician, and maintaining accurate and timely systems for transmission of dietary orders and changes.
-Performs one-to-one observation of patients on special observation status, e.g. safety, elopement, or suicide prevention.
-Performs transport duties
What You’ll Bring:
High School Diploma/GED. Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or equivalent training and experience.
1 year as Medical Assistant
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.