Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
At the Mount Sinai Health System, patient care takes many forms. Our support services team members are responsible for creating a safe and welcoming environment for our patients so they can focus on what truly matters - healing. Every day brings new challenges—and each day offers the opportunity to improve the lives of patients and families in every community we serve.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Nursing Assistant functions in a support role to the Registered Professional Nurse by providing direct patient care and related activities as assigned.
- Performs procedures associated with activities of daily living and personal hygiene of the patient.
- Observes, reports, and records routine and specific patient data, behaviors and responses to treatment on appropriate flow sheet.
- Transports patients by wheelchair, stretcher or bed
- Performs procedures related to assuring a safe environment for patients, staff and others.
- Performs procedures associated with the admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
What You’ll Bring:
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Interpersonal skills to communicate and collaborate effectively with other members of the unit and patient population
3. Completion of an accredited Nurse’s Aide program
4. Prefer relevant experience in an inpatient health care setting
5. Physical stamina, manual dexterity to perform a variety of tasks and skills in area of assignment
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.