Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Per Diem Nursing Clinical Specialty Coordinator - NP
Under the supervision of a licensed physician responsible for development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of clinical programs and services for designated patient populations. Provides evaluation and direct patient care that promotes achievement/maintenance of optimal health.
1. Provides general patient care under the direction of or in consultation with the Director of Service or a Cardiology Attending. Evaluates patient’s physical, emotional, and psychosocial status, and makes recommendations for treatment or referral as appropriate.
2. Independently provides nursing services to patient/family/significant
other, including education, counseling, medication management, and general health care instructions.
3. Performs the triage process (telephone and in person) to assist patient in obtaining timely and appropriate care. Consults with others on the health care team as necessary. Responds to appropriate medical emergencies within the department
4. Acts as a liaison between patient, family, provider, medical facility, or other agencies involved with the patient.
5. Confers with attending physicians, residents etc., to ensure delivery of optimum quality of patient care. May participate in special projects as assigned.
6. Participates in meetings with the physicians and other team members to discuss progress and/or management of specific patients.
7. Performs other duties pursuant to clinical responsibility, such as arranging follow-up for patients, obtaining informed consent from patient, recalling patients for further evaluation and treatment, escorting patients, when necessary, to other areas of the hospital, etc. Informs patients of necessary post-discharge instructions as required. Makes appropriate entries in patients charts.
8. Demonstrates professional involvement by attending and participating in seminars, workshops and courses as presenter or author; keeping abreast of current literature and trends in practice; considers ethical issues in professional nursing practice.
Registration required with New York State as Registered Professional Nurse and Nurse Practitioner.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.