The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
As an integral part of the team, the Unit Clerk is responsible for the business aspects of a patient’s stay, as well as patient-focused care within the Unit. These include: maintaining census information and the integrity of the patient’s medical record, scheduling appropriate tests and medical procedures, receiving and maintaining office inventory and other duties:
- Maintains census; demographic and charge information including assigning beds to incoming patients, updating this System and compiling information for charge capture and patient processing (Cerner/Epic/Bedboard) and support of patient registration and order entry systems.
- Assists in the admission/discharge/transfer process.
- Monitors patient throughput through the use of Agiletrac and communicates progress to CNM/Nursing staff
- Greets visitors and answers telephones promptly and courteously. Accompanies visitors to appropriate area, when necessary. Provides information and makes referrals when appropriate.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of keyboard and basic computer skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with other members of the Unit and other hospital personnel.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.