Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
At the Mount Sinai Health System, patient care takes many forms. Our support services team members are responsible for creating a safe and welcoming environment for our patients so they can focus on what truly matters - healing. Every day brings new challenges—and each day offers the opportunity to improve the lives of patients and families in every community we serve.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The orderly functions in a support role to the Radiology Department by providing transportation and patient care activities as directed.
- Obtains, assembles and maintains equipment for use during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, as directed by the care team.
- Assists members of the health care team with physical exams and other procedures.
- Checks diagnostic rooms to ensure cleanliness and neatness at all times.
- Checks with nursing regarding the patient’s condition before bringing him/her for an x-ray procedure.
- Checks patient’s wrist ID and that the patient has the proper attire before the patient arrives in x-ray.
- Transfers patients to and from transportation devices and x-ray tables.
- Maintains adequate supply of linen and other patient comfort at all times.
- Responds to patient and physician inquiries and answers telephones.
What You’ll Bring:
High school or Equivalency Diploma
Completion of an accredited Nurse’s Aide program
Must be able to lift, position, push and transfer patients and equipment.
Prolong and excessive standing and walking
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.