Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nurse, Mount Sinai Queens
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Clinical Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Provides direct, continuous, (where applicable), care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care
- Education: Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing required for all new graduates and experienced clinical nurse positions. Exception; Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing graduates considered for identified specialized areas of practice. Must have current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire for consideration.
- Experience: Must have relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice; new graduates possess current knowledge of the nursing process and its application.
- Liceneses: RN