Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The Administrative Supervisor is responsible for staff supervision and the coordination of specific business and administrative activities consistent with departmental objectives, administrative policies and practices. This individual provides direct supervision for professional, medical support or administrative staff, administrative/office support, as applicable to the assigned department.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans and schedules work for staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
2. Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage.
3. Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
4. Establishes, reviews and revises work processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective administrative activities.
5. Makes recommendations regarding fiscal and staffing requirements of the unit to assist in the preparation of budgetary recommendations.
6. Compiles information reflecting expenditures and develops comparisons.
7. Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service deliver, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control.
8. Establishes and maintains liaison with other departments, units or care centers, as well as within own department, to ensure effective coordination of work activities.
9. Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization’s goals and objectives.
10. Ensures compliance with department and organization policies and procedures.
11. Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and making salary increase recommendations.
12. Performs other related duties.
Associates degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred), or a combination of education and applicable work experience.
5 years administrative, preferably including 2 years of supervisory
Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote
recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to
make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender,
background, or sexual orientation.