The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking a non-interventional cardiologist to join Mount Sinai Doctors Brooklyn Heights. The large multispecialty practice is located at 300 Cadman Plaza West, Brooklyn, NY 11201 serving a diverse community. The practice is in the heart of Brooklyn Heights, which is a short walk to DUMBO, downtown Brooklyn, Cobble Hill, and Carrol Gardens offering an endless array of restaurants, nightlife, and shopping. Brooklyn waterfront provides parks, ball fields, and playgrounds with possibly the greatest view in NYC. Additionally, there are premier school districts, public and private within walking distance of practice, as well as numerous cultural activities such as the Brooklyn Academy of Music and Mark Morris Dance Studio. Mount Sinai Doctors Brooklyn Heights offers comprehensive care where patients can see various specialties including cardiology, gastroenterology, pulmonary, endocrinology, pediatrics, Ob/Gyn, dermatology, urology, renal, all at the same site. Services offered include on site lab, radiology plus comprehensive Breast Cancer Screening (FNA), ultrasound, X-ray, CT scan, cardiac testing, and full PFT lab. The site has a comprehensive support team, including MAs and LPNs.
The chosen candidate will become part of a multispecialty team in Brooklyn Heights. The position offers an opportunity to build a cardiology practice with a diverse patient population in a large, busy multispecialty practice. The practice is dedicated to the highest quality care and to promoting continued education in its staff while playing an integral role in Mount Sinai’s efforts to establish an outpatient hub in Brooklyn. The role is 100% outpatient with phone call to cover non clinic hours. There are no research and administrative responsibilities, but physicians have the opportunity to be involved in PI and QA initiatives. Competitive salary and benefits offered.
• Full-time general cardiologist in Brooklyn Heights
• Work with a variety of specialties including neurology, gastroenterology, orthopedics, pain management, allergy, urology, radiology, and podiatry
• Excellent primary care referral base with an established patient panel on day one
• Serve a diverse population and live in a highly desirable neighborhood with excellent school districts and easy access to Manhattan
• Practice has a close affiliation with Mount Sinai Heart and world class tertiary/quaternary cardiac and surgical care
• On site nuclear and vascular studies
• All outpatient
• Support staff: Medical assistants and techs (lab, echo, radiology)
• EMR system: Epic
• No teaching, research, or administrative responsibilities
• Good quality of life.
• Competitive salary and benefits offered including productivity bonuses, 24 days of paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and malpractice coverage
• Medical Degree from an Accredited University
• New York Medical License
• Board Eligible or Board Certified in Cardiology
• Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
• Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
• A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 18 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and in the top 50 in six other specialties in the 2018-2019 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 11th nationally for Ophthalmology and 44th for Ear, Nose, and Throat. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify job title of interest and send CV with cover letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System