Mount Sinai Careers
Project Coordinator II
Project Coordinator II
Department: 192-CMO Quality Initiatives
The Mount Sinai Health System's commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System's ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai's mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
The Project Coordinator works collaboratively with staff and leadership across the Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) to manage quality improvement projects. The Project Coordinator supports and coordinates projects aligned with MSHS’ quality and patient safety goals. In this role, he/she:
- Provides overall coordination to support project implementation for multiple initiatives
- Tracks program metrics and shares data with stakeholders via written and verbal communications
- Collects and enters data and performs statistical analyses to support project planning, implementation, and progress toward outcomes
- Conducts literature reviews and web searches to identify best practices and tools to support project implementation
- Assists program leadership with administrative and management tasks, including adherence to timelines and key deliverables.
- Facilitates project-related meetings, including the creation of agendas and preparation of materials. Prepares and/or edits meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
- Works with leadership to expedite problem identification and resolution
- Works collaboratively to promote positive working relationships with stakeholders to foster successful project implementation
- Works to ensure all necessary communications are made timely and accurately
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience needed, with at least 2 years in a healthcare environment
- Experience with data-driven methodologies, analytics, and statistics
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical in nature with a curiosity towards solving complex problems, and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as part of a large team