Mount Sinai Careers
Pediatric Psychologist, Center for Child Development (CCD) @ NYC H + H/Queens
Pediatric Psychologist, Center for Child Development (CCD), Department of Pediatrics
Mount Sinai Services is seeking a full-time child psychologist to provide a variety of services in our Pediatric Department at NYC Health + Hospitals/Queens which may include:
- Provide short-term integrated behavioral health services in the Pediatric Clinic
- Function as one of two Healthy Steps Specialists serving an early childhood population
- Conduct parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT) as indicated for selected patients
- Conduct in-depth psycho-educational evaluations as indicated for
- Preschool children suspected of developmental delay (ages 3 and 4).
- School age children.
- Provide consultation services to families with children with learning, language, or other developmental concerns. Develop a comprehensive plan to address educational, behavioral, and social/emotional needs, help families advocate for their child and assist families with appropriate referrals.
- Co-lead psycho-educational and psychotherapeutic groups (e.g., parent-child group, Multidisciplinary Healthy Lifestyles Program and Healthy Lifestyles Preschool Group).
- Teach psychology externs and provide supervision to psychology externs on Psychological Testing.
Requirements for this position include:
- A doctoral degree from an APA-accredited clinical, health, or counseling psychology program; completion of an APA-accredited internship; and post-doctoral experience as a child psychologist, with emphasis on early childhood, in settings that provide culturally competent, empirically-based, outcome-oriented behavioral health interventions.
- Sophisticated therapeutic and psychological testing skills.
- Current license and registration as a New York State Psychologist.
Assignments can be tailored to training, experience and clinical preferences. Ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience and is bilingual.