Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Under the direct supervision of a physician, the Per Diem P.A. provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services. Provides a broad spectrum of comprehensive medical services, treating patients with physical ailments, which range from superficial injuries to acute medical disorders. Case mix complexity consists primarily of routine cases in a structured environment with ample supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
2. Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
3. Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
4. Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
5. Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
6. Maintains accurate and complete patient records. Develops and implements patient management plans, records procedure and progress notes and discharge summaries, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
PA-C from NCCPA
DEA from NYS DOH/Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement
Current Infection Control Certificate
AHA approved BLS and ALS
Ability to use commercial hospital software systems (e.g., EDR, IDX, TDR, OnBase)
1. Physician Assistant
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.