Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Registrar is responsible for the business aspect of the patient's visit to the Imaging Department as well as the patient focused care delivery within the department. Activities include: registration, insurance verification and notification, updating of financial and demographic information, reception and other duties as assigned
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Greet and direct patients, visitors, and staff.
2. 2. Answer telephones promptly and courteously. Directs calls to appropriate personnel and/or departments, takes messages and assures delivery of same.
3. 3. Collects and distributes patient referral information received from affiliated physicians.
4. 4. Escorts visitors and patients to appropriate areas; provides information to assist patient and/or visitors.
5. 5. Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
6. 6. Distributes departmental reading material such as Health Care Proxy and Patient Bill of Rights. Ensures such documents are readily available.
7. 7. Register patients by updating or entering patient demographic, financial information and emergency contact data into the computer system.
8. 8. Verifies demographic information and insurance coverage by interviewing patient/family member/friend.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge and experience with Optimum/Keane System, Agiletrac, and PHS/HSM.
- Must be courteous, professional with excellent communication skills and phone etiquette.
- Must be able to handle large groups of people
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.