The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking full-time Emergency Medicine & Virtual Care Physician!
The Mount Sinai Health System Department of Emergency Medicine is one of the largest in the country and serves one of the most ethnically diverse communities in the world. In total, our System has over 180 faculty, treats over 500,000 patients annually, and owns/operates one of the only designated trauma centers in Manhattan. Our research division is a national leader, ranked #2 by Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research in EM NIH funding: two faculty ranked in the top 10 funded EM researchers nationally.
The Virtual Care Physician for Mount Sinai Now provides virtual care through a dedicated customized technology platform. Mount Sinai Now is currently headquartered and co-located with Access Services in the newly renovated Mount Sinai Health System Corporate Services Center at 150 E 42nd Street. Practice hours will initially be restricted to business hours, but 24/7 coverage will be necessary and physicians must be willing to work a variety of shifts including nights/weekends/holidays which may be on site or on call or a combination. This physician will work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment and focus on providing innovative world class care utilizing a variety of communication methods.
As healthcare evolves, Mount Sinai is continually committed to developing innovative, best-in-class emergency medicine and virtual care programs and is seeking candidates who share this passion. All physicians will be eligible for a Faculty Appointment at the world renowned Icahn School of Medicine and will have the opportunity for leadership positions as we continue to expand our footprint.
• Patient evaluations
• Ongoing care including medical management
• Collaborative treatment planning with multiple clinical disciplines
• Perform quality assurance reviews
• Refine protocols, care pathways and participate in product development
• Provide services for other related initiatives including providing telehealth and online medical control (OLMC) support for Community Paramedicine, MACT and RAAP programs
• Provide support to other activities relating to MSHS transfers, physician access services and related activities
• Complete required training as determined by practice leadership
• Supervision of residents and other clinical staff
• Benefit from the educational, research, and clinical programs of the Icahn School of Medicine
• Opportunity to apply for a faculty appointment
• Significant opportunities for leadership and career development
• Additional support staff
• Medical Degree from an accredited university
• New York State Medical License
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine
• Online Medical Control Support (OLMC) Certification
• DEA required
• Licensure in nearby states such as NJ and CT a plus but not required. Physicians must be eligible and willing to apply for licensure in additional states as determined by practice leadership
• Strong teaching and leadership skills
• Excellence in communication, organization and bedside manners
• A strong work ethic and desire to participate in and grow a team-oriented, performance-driven department
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, and Orthopedics in the 2019-2020 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology and the South Nassau Communities Hospital is ranked 35th nationally for Urology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System