Outstanding Director of Addiction needed to lead a collaborative effort between Mount Sinai and the Center on Addiction!
The Addiction Institute at Mount Sinai (AIMS) and Center on Addiction (formerly, The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse or CASA) have formed a strategic alliance to: 1) develop models of excellence for healthcare systems to better prevent, identify and treat substance use disorders, focusing on adolescents, young adults and their families; 2) create new models of care that are scalable and can be disseminated nationally; and 3) become national leaders and advocates for how health systems can better prevent and treat addiction. The alliance brings together our organizations’ strengths in clinical care, research, and quality improvement strategies for addiction treatment. We are seeking an outstanding Addiction Physician to lead this collaborative effort.
The successful candidate will:
• Be Board certified or eligible in Addiction Psychiatry or Addiction Medicine.
• Possess NYS license to practice medicine.
• Have at least 3-5 years of independent clinical experience in addictions services.
• Evidence excellent clinical knowledge and communication skills.
• Evidence exceptional administrative and organizational skills and ability to work effectively in matrixed environment.
• Possess a highly collaborative and proactive approach to clinical research and practice.
• Demonstrate commitment to high-quality, cost-effective health care.
• Be knowledgeable of research efforts to better diagnose and treat addictive disorders.
• Have experience or interest in participating in an addictions health services research program that tests new approaches to delivery treatment for adolescents and young adults.
• Have experience or interest in supporting clinical care teams through process improvement protocols to implement new evidence-based practices and enhance quality of services to patients.
• Meet qualifications for senior Assistant or Associate Professor.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience or interest in working with adolescent and young adult populations.
The Director of the new Mount Sinai & Center on Addiction Alliance will have a once in a generation opportunity to build transformational approaches in addiction treatment research. Competitive salary and relocation package available.
AIMS, part of the Mount Sinai Health System, is one of the largest providers of addiction treatment in the country, including the largest provider of opioid treatment. We are at the forefront of innovation in addictions healthcare delivery, including integrated primary care services and specialized engagement and care navigation services; and a robust clinical research platform studying new treatment modalities and services with a foundation in basic neuroscience and genetics research.
About Center on Addiction:
Center on Addiction is a science-based, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization founded in 1992 by former U.S. Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare Joseph A. Califano, Jr. Our purpose is to find, promote, and enact the necessary solutions to end America’s deadly addiction crisis.
About Mount Sinai:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System