Mount Sinai Careers
REVENUE CYCLE MANAGER
Manage the daily revenue cycle processes for the Faculty Practice Group to maximize revenue. Work with the Administrator to establish and maintain policy and procedures to ensure that all charge are captured, billing is timely and accounts receivable is promptly reviewed. Work closely with and monitor performance of the third party billing vendor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the timely and accurate account management and submission of claims. Generate and reconcile reports from Epic EMR and revenue cycle platform to help prioritize daily workflow and confirm that all professional charges have been captured. Follow up with physicians, coding staff and billing vendor to identify the outliers and make sure they are processed for billing.
- Work closely with the billing vendor to create and analyze comparative reports in all areas of the revenue cycle to help improve processes and maximize collections. Identify areas for improvement in Accounts Receivable management. Review any claim rejections and/or denials to ensure timely payment of claims.
- Manage all edits, claim denials and Requests for Additional Information (RAI’s). Work with the FPG staff and billing vendor to quickly identify and correct any edits generated from the billing platform, coding staff, clearinghouse or Accounts Receivable team.
- Work with patients, H+H Finance Dept, Collection Agency and Billing vendor to coordinate the handling of all patient bills as it pertains to financial counseling and identifying eligibility. Review payment negotiations from patients and third party payers.
- Work with H+H staff to manage and verify that all required pre-authorizations and approvals are obtained. Assist patients with any professional billing issues and resolve complaints as necessary.
- Manage the daily operations of the Faculty Practice 1A. Ensure that the practice runs smoothly, paying particular attention to patient satisfaction and maximization of revenue.
- Meets with Directors of Service and their physicians, along with the billing vendor, to discuss all departmental billing results and performance.
- Keeps abreast of state and federal regulations governing reimbursement of all physician services. Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of patient information.
- Performs other related duties as necessary and required.
Advanced medical billing and computerized billing system training required.
Comprehensive knowledge of Government and Third Party Payors is required.
Three years in healthcare billing experience is required.
Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) is a must.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote
recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to
make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender,
background, or sexual orientation.