Mount Sinai is one of the largest health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (18th ranked medical school). We have ~40,000 employees working together each year to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health and customer value. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai, 400+ people with expertise in clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development. MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
- Are comfortable playing “up” and “down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
- Work productively amidst ambiguity
- Thrive in fast-paced work environment
- Seek to improve the status quo
- Are passionate about developing a true system of care
Within MSHP, the Commercialization Team was created to assemble Mount Sinai's clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, worksite health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and employers via multiple channels . We are looking for talented professionals to join this team with experience in strategy, product management, operations, sales and account management.
Each of these new product offerings will have important population health features including: (1) value-based pricing (2) a curated network of high-value physicians (3) optimized care pathways and related programs, and (4) an enhanced patient experience. For worksite health centers, MSHP builds a primary and urgent care practice right at the employer’s worksite with a value-based financial model that enables the clinician to spend more time with the patient. For care bundles, MSHP accepts a fixed-price for an episode of care provided by a curated network of high-value physicians with new care pathways to ensure holistic and consistent care. For insurance products, MSHP partners with like-minded insurers to wrap a health plan around our clinically-integrated network of physicians, hospitals, and other providers. The goal of each product is to increase the value for employers and their employees, mitigating the effects of the affordability crisis.
Join a creative team innovating a true system of care as a Medical Director of Health Center Solutions. You will provide high-quality, patient-centered care and clinical leadership at the Commercialization Team’s health centers that are sold to large employers to improve the health and productivity of their employees. You will influence product development and support the design, implementation, and operation of the clinical elements of the Commercialization Team’s operations.
- Deliver high-quality, patient centered primary care at new and established health centers
- Utilize both traditional face-to-face visits as well as non-visit based interactions with patients
- Participate in the selection of cost-effective treatments for patients
- Provide adequate follow-up of patients, patient concerns, and results, supported by a clinical care team and technology
Health Care Supervision:
- Manage a team of providers, developing strong working relationships through in-person and digital consultation and support
- Provide oversight and training of the medical staff; lead educational and talent development programs
- Implement a clinical quality management system that includes performing chart reviews and conducting case-conferences incorporating learnings across worksites
Continuous Quality Improvement:
- Create and promote a culture based on a “patient first” principle
- Build capability for all practitioners to solve problems in a constructive, collaborative manner
- Implement workflows, policies, and procedures to drive excellence in patient care
- Lead audits to assess clinical operation efficacy and identify opportunities for improvement
- Troubleshoot and respond to issues raised by customers (clients, patients and partners)
- Incorporate customer feedback into day-to-day operations and governance process
- Contribute clinical front-line expertise to product development, clinical program design and implementation
- Collaborate with product leadership to establish market leadership for each product line
- Build a clinical environment that embraces creativity, enabling testing of innovative concepts in clinical care
Education and Experience:
- MD or DO degree, initial board certification required, maintenance of certification preferred
- MD license in New York state required; willingness to obtain a New Jersey license required
- MBA or business degree (preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of medical practice experience required (concierge Experience preferred)
- Experience as a medical director preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing clinical programs, care pathways, clinical guidelines, and clinical and operational best practices preferred
Additional Skills and Qualities:
- Strong communication skills; ability to motivate and influence behavior of direct reports and peers
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, promoting clinical collaboration to achieve common goals
- Strong teaching and mentoring skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Organized, meticulous and detail-oriented; self-accountable to consistently meet timelines and objectives
- Dedicated to transform how we deliver care in a sustainable, scalable way
- Part of a highly visible group within Mount Sinai with leadership support for its initiatives
- Option to participate in monthly team building events
- Positive & supportive workplace focused on learning and collective success
About Mount Sinai:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to: