Mount Sinai Careers
Instructional Designer / Training Specialist
*** THIS IS FOR FUTURE POSITIONS***
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Talent Development and Learning
Job Title: Instructional Designer/Training Specialist
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Analyzes storyboards and other documentation and make recommendations for proper interactive and development strategies
· Designs and develops self-paced trainings using sound instructional design principles
· Develops and programs AICC and/or SCORM compliant Flash, ActionScript, and/or HTML/HTML5 based e-learning using industry leading authoring tools
· Works with and creates custom graphics in tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
· Offers innovative, creative solutions
· Identifies appropriate instructional strategies, instructional technologies and best practices
· Researches and makes recommendations on educational best practices, instructional resources and technologies, and multimedia/software to support teaching and learning
· Keeps abreast of new learning software applications and technical knowledge
· Consults with SMEs on learning objectives and content through curriculum development sessions, documents findings, and writes reports
· Develops course materials, in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, animation and multimedia to make courses dynamic, visually appealing, and interactive
· Recommends appropriate assessment techniques
· Provides training plan, project milestones, forecast completion dates, identify risks and issues, and devise contingency plans to mitigate risks, inform management of accomplishments, plans, and activities
· Coordinates instructional projects from inception to completion, enters data into database, and maintains files and records
· Partners and collaborates with training vendors and manages vendor relationships, including selection, direction and issue resolution
· Trains SMEs in technology tools and e-learning instructional design methods
· Delivers selected technology related instructor led training and participates in TDL learning programs
· Other duties as required
· Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements
- 5+ years of design and development experience, focused on e-learning formats
- Graphic Design, LMS and e-learning authoring,
- Proficiency in Adobe Software Products: Creative Suite, Captivate
- Proficiency in MacroMedia Flash, Photoshop, audio- and video-editing
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.