Mount Sinai Careers
Quality Analyst –Quality Operations and Clinical Analytics
***THIS IS FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES***
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Quality Analyst –Quality Operations and Clinical Analytics
Roles & Responsibilities:
Quality Operations at Mount Sinai Health System is responsible for clinical data registries and disease-based cohort databases that are used for the purposes of quality initiatives, performance improvement, and patient outcomes research. We are seeking a Quality Analyst responsible for abstracting and/or auditing a large volume of clinical case records, data, or other information within established deadlines in support of quality assessment initiatives and patient outcomes studies relating to cardiac surgeries.
- Perform high-quality data compilation and accurate data entry in adherence to registry operations best practices and registry definitions while maintaining data integrity in accordance with compliance policies.
- Responsible for case ascertainment and case abstraction assignment to ensure timely and complete data collection in accordance with data registry requirements and data submission deadlines.
- Contribute to and maintain registry operations manual detailing standard operating procedures related to clinical documentation and source data entry, data abstraction, data quality assurance, and data submission.
- Responsible for auditing, inter-rater reliability and quality assurance review to ensure registry data is complete and accurate.
- Responsible for submitting required registry data to external agencies within agency-defined deadlines and completeness and accuracy requirements and will be accountable to audits from outside agencies related to registry data.
- Act as the subject matter expert on assigned registries and will represent the registry internally within the team and at clinical departmental meetings related to data-driven quality improvement initiatives, clinical documentation improvement and event adjudication.
- Serve as point of contact for data requests for his/her registry and will coordinate with the Clinical Data Management, Data Engineering and Data Analytics teams as needed to fulfill the data request.
- Maintain and regularly review/update clinical data dictionary documenting standard source of truth.
- Contribute to and participate in clinical documentation improvement initiatives as needed to help standardize source of truth and improve abstraction process.
- Attend regular team meetings and contribute discussions on definitions, best practices and case reviews to ensure consistency in data abstraction.
· Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree in life science, informatics, population health or related field preferred.
· Chart abstraction experience and strong familiarity of electronic health record and clinical documentation is preferred.
· Experience working on detailed clinical research projects or clinical registries – both in accessing data and adjudicating data with clinicians to ensure accurate and high quality data.
· Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
· Knowledge of Epic, Cerner, health information systems, medical coding, and clinical documentation is helpful.
· Familiarity and comfort working with data entry in data collection/database tools/web-based CRF forms preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.