Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for patient care and support activities, promoting patient focused care within the unit or care center. Assists patient in activities of daily living, collecting specimens and performing procedures, maintaining a safe, clean environment.
- Performs and maintains records of patient's vital signs, such as blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Documents intake and output.
- Performs specimen collection, and assists the RN in performing clinical procedures, such as venipuncture, physical exams, EKG, venodyn boots, post-mortem care, and maintenance of skin integrity
- Sets up for selected procedures.
- Assists patient with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, and/or toileting
- Assists with dietary functions, including delivering and collecting patient trays at bedside, providing menus and assisting patients with menu completion, mixing nutritional supplements, reporting variations in dietary status to RN or Dietician, and maintaining accurate and timely systems for transmission of dietary orders and changes.
-Performs one-to-one observation of patients on special observation status, e.g. safety, elopement, or suicide prevention.
-Performs transport duties
High School Diploma/GED. Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or equivalent training and experience.
1 year as Medical Assistant
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.