Mount Sinai Careers
To evaluate and treat acute care inpatients rehabilitation client in accordance with prescriptions from physiatrists, attends departmental weekly rounds and conferences. Supervise technical personnel during course of treatment: ie to instruct staff and students in proper treatment methods and provide in service training to new residents.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Evaluate and treat patients according to prescriptions and findings from the evaluation in order to improve upper extremity function. Use equipment as situation needed to aid in therapeutic exercise; use of specific instruments to assess varied impairments. Suggest orthotic devices as required to promote independent function. Fabricate adaptive/assistive devices as needed. Monitor patient progress.
2. Documents all treatments patients records, completes progress note on a daily basic. Maintain daily statistics for occupational therapy treatment.
3. Communicate with members of other disciplines as needed. Attend required departmental meetings and rounds relevant for treatment.
4. Recommended adaptive devices relevant for into the community discharge planning.
5. Attends in-service training conferences, seminars as part of continuing education requirement. Provide in-services training to new residents, students and entry level OT.
6. Responsible for occupational therapists assistants and rehab technicians.
7. Suggest purchase of equipment and supplies for patients use as part of OT treatment.
8. Responsible for other duties designated by chief and assistant chief OT.
9. All staff are schedule to provide OT services on designated weekend and holiday coverage.
-Must hold a New York State license and a BS or master degree from an accredited occupational therapy program.
-Clinical reasoning skills which are also enhanced through exposure to the work experience required.
-Knowledge in basic sciences and treatment techniques are required to deal with a variety of population and conditions.
Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote
recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to
make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender,
background, or sexual orientation.