Mount Sinai Careers
1. Serves as an intermediary between supervisor and other departmental staff by transmitting written and oral requests, messages and instructions.
2. Assists with budget preparation and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining records of expenses for variance reporting.
3. Assists in the planning and logistical coordination of meetings and office activities, forums and conferences.
4. May review and revise brochures, announcements or other informational items regarding program and/or departmental operations. Drafts, edits and formats materials such as flyers, leaflets and letters.
5. May prepare minutes of meetings, agendas, correspondence, statistical reports, tables and other documents and transcribes dictation as needed.
6. Prepares and follows up on purchase orders, change orders, check requests and petty cash vouchers. Processes and follows up on tuition and other forms of reimbursement for assigned staff
7. Makes travel arrangements and accommodations. Prepares travel reimbursements and expense reports.
8. Screens and prioritizes all incoming mail for needed action and follow up. Responds to mail where appropriate or distributes mail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s).
9. Screens telephone calls, answers routine inquiries or refers caller to the appropriate individual for response.
10. May screen and schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor’s visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission.
11. May maintain employee and/or patient files.
12. May assist in processing payroll and/or maintaining the PTO system for the department.
13. May track expiration dates of staff’s professional licensure, and notify staff of upcoming license expiration date to prevent suspension.
14. Performs other related duties.
Associates Degree in Secretarial Science or related field, or HS/GED plus two years of related experience. Bachelors Degree preferred.
3 Years Administrative or Medical Office Experience required