The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking full-time Internal Medicine Medical Director to join its brand new practice Mount Sinai Doctors Delancey Street! The site will open in early 2019 and be located in the Lower East Side of Manhattan at Delancey and Essex, a neighborhood which is undergoing rapid growth and development. The area is known for its shopping and famous establishments like the Bowery Ballroom and Essex Street Market.
The Medical Director will play an instrumental role in ensuring excellent patient care, quality outcomes, and patient satisfaction. In addition, the physician will lead by example, actively participating in patient care and bringing out the best in his/her colleagues. We would like our talented physician candidates to have a passion for outpatient medicine and be fully committed to the mission of Mount Sinai Health System.
The chosen candidates will have the opportunity to partner with world renowned, Icahn School of Medicine. Mount Sinai’s Department of Medicine is strongly committed to caring for the whole patient and places special emphasis on providing patient-centered care. The division embraces the mission of Icahn School of Medicine by pursuing an integrative approach to patient care, research, and education. We pursue all dimensions of these three components, considering them inseparable elements of the art and science of medicine.
- Provide primary care services to a panel of adults who live and or work in the downtown area
- Applicant may be a Primary Care Provider, Internal Medicine or Family Medicine, or a specialist in Internal Medicine sub-specialty with a strong interest in leadership.
- Lead quality assurance and quality improvement activities for the practice in order to continuously raise the standard of care
- Oversee clinical operations - maintain optimal patient flow and provider access
- Identify clinical staffing needs and assist with recruitment
- Ensure appropriate physician behavior, competence, and fitness for duty
- Address issues related to patient complaints and grievances
- Risk management
- Develop, implement and monitor protocols, processes and metrics to meet goals of the practice and health system
- Schedule regular meetings with physicians in the practice to address performance
- Work with Administration and Clinical Leadership to grow the practice
- Regularly present performance metrics and active initiatives to improve performance to Hospital leadership
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York State Medical License
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Medical Sub-Specialty
- At least 3-5 years clinical practice experience in ambulatory care
- Prior Medical Practice leadership experience
About the Lower East Side:
Delancey Street is named after James De Lancey, Sr., whose farm was located in what is now the Lower East Side. Businesses range from delis to check-cashing stores to bars. Delancey Street has long been known for its discount and bargain clothing stores. Famous establishments include the Bowery Ballroom, built in 1929, Ratner's kosher restaurant (now closed), and the Essex Street Market, which was built by Mayor Fiorello La Guardia to avoid pushcart congestion on the neighborhood's narrow streets. Until the middle 20th century, Delancey Street was a main shopping street in the Lower East Side. Since the late 2000s, the neighborhood around Delancey is a mix of young professionals and artists.
About Mount Sinai:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System