Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Housekeeping Aide
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Under close supervision and in accordance with defined procedures and established schedules and assignments, performs a variety of comprehensive housekeeping cleaning duties throughout the entire hospital complex on a daily basis. Interact with all patients, visitors and staff in a pleasant, customer friendly manner, assisting them when possible, or referring them to someone who can.
· Thoroughly clean, and make up beds in patient rooms after patient discharge.
· Clean sinks, toilets, showers, tubs, mirrors, wall & floor vents, and wall mounted light fixtures.
· Dust, damp wipe, and polish furniture, telephone, TV sets, etc.
· Collect regulated and non-regulated medical waste from work assignment areas and deposit in designated pickup areas
· Sweep and mop floors.
· Spray, buff floors with low and high speed floor machines.
· Scrub, strip and apply finishing products (wax) to floors using floor scrubbing machine and low speed floor machines.
· Any other related duties as assigned
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED
- Must be able to read, write and understand instructions in English
- Must be able to climb and lift least 50 lbs.