Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Pharmacists will provide medication and related pharmaceutical care to inpatients and outpatients in collaboration with other health care providers to assure that drug therapy is safe, effective, efficient and cost-effective. The Pharmacist will serve as a role model by practicing and exhibiting professional and exemplary behaviors when working with patients, visitors and fellow co-workers.
1. Dispenses medications accurately and in a timely fashion
2. Resolves questions regarding formulary and non-formulary medications
3. Knowledge and follows all medication use Policies and procedures
4. Knows and adheres to hospital wide and departmental policies
5. Performs routine medication order verification accurately and in a timely fashion
6. Provides dosing and therapeutic recommendations that take patient age/kinetic variables into account based on literature
7. Accurately prepares CSP (Compounded Sterile Preparations) in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations and standards, including compounded sterile hazardous preparations
BS or Pharm D from an accredited school of Pharmacy
ASHP accredited residency or advanced degree preferred
NYS Certified Immunizer preferred
2 years inpatient hospital Pharmacy practice preferred
General Skills: Excellent written and oral communication
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.