Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
** This Posting is for Future Opportunities and Not for an Active Vacancy **
Department: Food Services
Job Title: Dietary Associate
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Patient Services Manager, the Dietary Associate is responsible for the diet office functions including printing, organizing and sorting patient menus by nursing units.
- Updates diet changes and missed meals prior to each meal. Maintain a dialog with Clinical Dietitians regarding patient's special dietary preferences and requirements.
- Monitor interface of TDS/CBORD and enter/review appropriate patient data as indicated for Quality Improvement purposes and enhancement of patient satisfaction.
- Review patient census information and work as a liaison to CTS for meal set up. Obtain changes in patient diet and room status as needed.
- Communicates effectively with unit staff in regard to changes and as assigned print menu changes organize by nursing units.
- Print as assigned daily patient menus for all nursing units that are not on TDS & CBORD or do not participate in PCD.
It is expected that all employees will function as members of a team dedicated to providing the highest quality patient care and service to our patients by assisting in such functions as a maintaining a safe, clean and functional environment.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college and/or higher academic standing preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently, bi-lingual a plus.
- Must have basic math, grammar, computer and key boarding skills
- Must have interpersonal skills, performs service recovery necessary to effectively interact with patients, families, employees and staff.
- Ability to walk to assigned nursing units several times per day.
- Previous hospital Food Service menu processing a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.