The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking a full-time General Cardiologist to join Mount Sinai Doctors Forest Hills. The brand-new, 12,000-square-foot medical center is located at 99-01 Queens Blvd in Rego Park, NY. The practice provides a new concept in health care delivery in Queens. Bringing together skilled physicians and the expertise of one of the world’s leading academic medical centers, the large multispecialty practice combines high level training and advanced resources with a personalized range of care under one roof, from primary care and women’s health services (OB/GYN) to cardiology, endocrinology and more.
The chosen candidate will become part of a multispecialty team in the heart of Forest Hills. The position offers an opportunity to build a cardiology practice with a diverse patient population in a large, busy multispecialty practice. The practice is dedicated to the highest quality care and to promoting continued education in its staff while playing an integral role in Mount Sinai’s efforts to establish an outpatient hub in Queens. The role is 100% outpatient with phone call to cover non-clinic hours. There are no research and administrative responsibilities, but physicians have the opportunity to be involved in PI and QA initiatives. Competitive salary and benefits offered.
- Full-time General Cardiologist in Forest Hills, Queens
- Work with a variety of specialties including primary care, cardiology, specialty care, women’s health services (OB/GYN), endocrinology and more
- In addition to comprehensive medical care, the practice provides on-site lab and imaging services
- Excellent primary care referral base with an established patient panel on day one
- Serve a diverse population and live in a highly desirable neighborhood with excellent school districts and easy access to Manhattan
- Practice has a close affiliation with Mount Sinai Heart and world-class tertiary/quaternary cardiac and surgical care
- All outpatient
- Support staff: Medical assistants and techs (nuclear, lab, echo, radiology)
- No teaching, research, or administrative responsibilities
- Good quality of life
- Competitive salary and benefits offered including productivity bonuses, 24 days of paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and malpractice coverage
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York Medical License
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Cardiology
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Nuclear Medicine highly preferred
- Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
About Mount Sinai:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System