Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Works with technical staff during patient simulation, when required
- Generates treatment plan as per physician’s prescription in consultation with physicist
- Performs independent plan check using the established method of the department
- Transfersapproved plan data to the record and verify system and verify data consistency with the approved plan
- Assists in setting up difficult treatment fields in the machine for the first treatment, when required
- Performs weekly chart-check
- Attends weekly chart-round
- Assists preparation and loading of sealed sources for brachytherapy application
- Assists in brachytherapy procedure
- Assists planning and fabrication of blocks/cutouts, when needed
- Performs measurements, when needed
- Assists machine commissioning, acceptance testing, QA, etc.
- Assists data acquisition, data modeling and commissioning, etc.
- Prepares documentation, forms, etc.
- Follows patient’s confidentiality requirements
- Maintains department quality assurance protocols
- Maintains functionality of the planning system and peripherals
- Completes required continued education and training
- Provides emergency dosimetry coverage, when warranted
- Follows departmental policies and procedures