Mount Sinai Careers
Medical Clerical Associate - Upper East Side Medical Call Center
***THIS IS FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES***
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, performs administrative tasks necessary to run an efficient office such as completing forms, making calls, and scheduling appointments (currently using the CERNER system). Works closely with referral coordinators and other members of office units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients as they arrive at the practice.
- Prints schedules at the beginning of sessions and posts for clinical staff.
- Checks in patients as they arrive at the practice - full registration. Includes: Verification of demographics; completion of financial screening; prioritizes insurance and verifies as appropriate with third-party providers; makes follow-up appointments; discusses Mount Sinai's self-pay policy for new patients; collects co-payments; completes "Medicare as Secondary Payor" questionnaire if appropriate; has patient read and sign "Registration Summary" as required by JCAHO.
- Checks and checks-out visits.
- Schedules referral appointments.
- Verifies patient's attendance and "no show" patients that have not arrived for their appointments.
- Schedules follow-up appointments when the patient is ready to leave.
- Prepares TOA's for physicians to fill out during patient visit (requesting additional Medicaid visit authorizations).
- Organizes and distributes faxes to physicians as needed. Assists Medical Assistants and physicians when necessary faxing requests.
- Faxes listings of patients seen in practice for prior day to Finance department.
- Scans documents as requested into EPIC for physicians to add as part of patient's permanent electronic record.
- Files scanned documents into patient paper charts.
- Handles all medical record requests on an as-needed basis. This requires retrieving charts from storage to pull records and sending back once completed.
- Sorts mail for physicians in practice and places in respective files.
- Pulls charts to put into storage upon deactivation of patient.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certificate as Medical Office Assistant preferred.
- Prefer experience in a medical office or acute care setting.
- Bilingual - Spanish Preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.