Mount Sinai Careers
Quality Analyst I
***THIS IS FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES***
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Quality Operations at Mount Sinai Health System is responsible for clinical data registries and disease-based cohort databases that are used for the purposes of quality initiatives, performance improvement, and patient outcomes research. We are seeking a Quality Analyst responsible for abstracting and/or auditing a large volume of clinical case records, data, or other information within established deadlines in support of quality assessment initiatives and patient outcomes studies relating to cancer incidence, oncological treatment programs, and oncological surgery.
- Perform high-quality data compilation and accurate data entry in adherence to registry operations best practices and registry definitions while maintaining data integrity in accordance with compliance policies.
- Be flexible to work across registries/datasets familiarizing yourself with clinical data across various therapeutic areas.
- Responsible for timely and complete data collection in accordance with data registry requirements, data dictionary standards and data submission deadlines.
- May be responsible for assisting with data review for auditing, inter-rater reliability and quality assurance purposes to ensure registry data is complete and accurate.
- Contribute to and participate in clinical documentation improvement initiatives as needed to help standardize source of truth and improve abstraction process.
- Attend regular team meetings and contribute discussions on definitions, best practices and case reviews to ensure consistency in data abstraction.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree in life science, informatics, population health or related field a plus.
Minimum Related Experience
- Chart abstraction experience and familiarity of electronic health record and clinical documentation is preferred.
- Experience working on detailed clinical research projects or clinical registries – both in accessing data and adjudicating data with clinicians to ensure accurate and high quality data.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Epic, Cerner, health information systems, medical coding, and clinical documentation is helpful.
- Familiarity and comfort working with data entry in data collection/database tools/web-based CRF forms preferred