Mount Sinai is Seeking a Medical Director for its Brand New, State-of-the-Art Ambulatory Pavilion in Queens!
Phenomenal opportunity to serve as medical director for Mount Sinai’s brand new $180 million ambulatory pavilion in Astoria, Queens, one of the most dynamic neighborhoods in New York City. The gleaming, six-story facility features the full range of primary and specialty services under one roof, with 50 physicians already onboard, including: Cardiology, Urology, Gastroenterology, Endocrine, Pediatrics, GYN, and Oncology, as well as a range of advanced imaging and procedural capabilities. The Queens Ambulatory Pavilion serves as the flagship outpatient facility for Mount Sinai in Queens, and is attached to the Mount Sinai Queens Hospital, allowing physicians and patients immediate access to acute care, the emergency room, and surgical suites.
Astoria is one of the most desirable neighborhoods in New York City, with diverse cultural offerings, world class restaurants, cafes, excellent public transportation, and nearby parks and public spaces. In addition, excitement over future growth and opportunities in Western Queens has been recently highlighted by Amazon’s decision to build a second headquarters nearby in Long Island City.
The Medical Director will play an instrumental role in directing the growth and performance of the Queens Ambulatory Pavilion, ensuring that patients in Queens benefit from the best of Mount Sinai.
- Partner with Network Operations to oversee practice clinical program and ensure quality care, productivity, patient satisfaction, efficiency, etc.
- Lead quality assurance and quality improvement activities for the practice in order to continuously raise the standard of care
- Identify clinical staffing needs and serve as physician lead for recruitment activities
- Mentor and support physician development and career growth
- Develop, implement and monitor processes and metrics to meet goals of the practice and health system, including productivity, quality, patient satisfaction, documentation, and population health
- Ensure appropriate physician behavior, competence, and fitness for duty
- Address issues related to patient complaints and grievances
- Risk management
- Schedule regular meetings with physicians in the practice to address performance and practice goals, issues, etc
- Develop and promote appropriate medical educational activities within the practice
- Serve as practice champion for key strategic initiatives
- Lead by example, encourage teamwork, promote Mount Sinai values and culture
- Serve as liaison with Hospital and Network leadership
- Medical degree from an accredited university
- New York State medical license
- Board certification
- Prior medical practice leadership experience
Qualified candidates will be Board Certified in Internal Medicine with preference given to those with advanced degrees. Substantial experience in clinical practice management is essential. A nuanced understanding of, and record of success, in the changing landscape of health care and its direct impact on patient care outcomes is a must.
About Mount Sinai:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing eight hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 8,000 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify job number of interest and send CV to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System