Mount Sinai Careers
Painter, Mount Sinai Queens
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Finish sheetrock utilizing sheetrock tape and compound.
- Fills holes, smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, wire brushes or steel wool and removes old paint from surfaces using paint remover, scrapers, wire brushes, to prepare specified colors by blending and mixing required proportions of pigments, oil and thinning and drying substances.
- Taking precautions to prevent injury to others from falling scaffolding, ladders and paint containers.
- Scheduling work to maintain painted surfaces clean and attractive in appearance.
- Care of brushes, spray guns and other equipment.
- Performs minor construction (ie: Farming Sheetrock, flooring, suspended ceiling) as required.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations in which engineering is directly or indirectly related.
- Must display the ability to maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Properly maintain inventory.
- Snow removal as assigned
Performs required documentation as required by the department to insure compliance to Joint Commission, DOH, EPA, DEP and all other inspection agencies having jurisdiction.