Mount Sinai is one of the largest health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (18th ranked medical school). We have ~40,000 employees working together each year to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health and customer value. To help achieve this aim, we’ve launched a new line of business of onsite and near-site health centers. With these health centers, Mount Sinai builds a primary care practice right at the employer’s worksite where traditional fee-for-service payments are replaced by a value-based alternative that enables the clinical team to provide patient-centered care.
We are looking for team members who:
- Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
- Work productively amidst ambiguity
- Thrive in fast-paced work environments
- Seek to improve the status quo
- We want people who are passionate about developing a true system of care that can create market leading value for our customers, members and patients.
Mount Sinai seeks a Primary Care Physician with a functional medicine background to provide primary and integrative wellness care at a next-generation health center at Hudson Yards. In addition to providing excellent, convenient care, the physician will collaborate with the Hudson Yards Medical Director on the design of a new way of delivering care and wellness programs, to integrate a Functional Medicine focus create an exceptional patient experience.
The focus will be on providing the best patient care and experience possible, utilizing both traditional and non-traditional integrative medical therapies to create a one-of-a-kind approach. This unique position has the opportunity to provide holistic health and alternative medicine services in a collaborative setting. Clinical performance will be evaluated based on patient satisfaction - think longer appointments and coordinated follow up care - not RVUs and production.
We are looking for an outstanding primary care clinician (internal medicine or family medicine) with a passion for integrating functional medicine into their practice and 3+ years of experience treating adults in an outpatient setting. The physician should be comfortable working autonomously and collaborating in the team-based care practice style. This position will report to the Hudson Yards Medical Director. Candidates with experience working in innovative clinical models are encouraged to apply.
Delivers primary and integrative care
- Delivers primary care within the practice, through both traditional face-to-face visits as well as non-visit based interactions (e.g. phone, digital messaging, and video chat).
- Serves as the “in-house” expert on functional medicine and integrative care, using both traditional and nontraditional approaches to treat patients.
- Assists patients to understand diagnostic tests, costs, risks, treatment options, preparing for medical appointments, and their health benefits.
- Initiates referrals to specialty services and ensures bi-directional communication with specialist to promote continuity of care. • Works collaboratively with other staff to promote team-based care.
- Provides concierge-level service and navigation
- Acts as a partner to their patients and their team to navigate individual benefits and guide thoughtful patient-centered decisions accordingly.
- Collaborates with health center staff to provide holistic and functional medicine offerings for their patients and guidance for their fellow clinicians.
- Carries out other appropriate professional duties as may be necessary, including liaison with outside medical consultants, hospitalists, emergency room providers, etc. to ensure continuity of care, timely, appropriate care, and an excellent patient experience.
Supports clinical operation and improvement activities
- Actively engages in practice innovation and improvement initiatives.
- Engages in the review of data and clinical workflows of the practice to ensures systems and programs are in place to provide exceptional, safe, and compliant care.
- Conducts clinical case review and participates in educational sessions to stay current and improve one’s practice of medicine.
- Supports wellness offerings and marketing efforts
- Participates in development of wellness and health promotional offerings, including educational events, nutrition initiatives, fitness classes, etc.
- Participates in communicating and marketing the practice model to new patients as well as other stakeholders such as clients, patients, and third-party vendors.
- Offers support for medical and technical questions to the patients, patient care staff, management, and the client.
Education and Experience
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York Medical License
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- ABPS Board Certification or previous Functional Medicine experience
- 3 or more years of experience after completion of training strongly preferred
Additional Skills and Qualities
- You are technologically savvy with interest in adopting new digital tools for providing clinical care.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating an exceptional experience for each person every time.
- You find joy and purpose in serving others and striving for improvement.
- You have a willingness to problem-solve and do what it takes to get the job done.
- You have the desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team dedicated to changing health care delivery.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, and Orthopedics in the 2019-2020 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology and the South Nassau Communities Hospital is ranked 35th nationally for Urology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System