Mount Sinai Careers
Assistant Director of Linen
***THIS IS FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES***
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
REQ # 180000SP
Job Title: Assistant Director Linen Service
The Assistant Director assists in monitoring the daily operations of the department operations including staff supervision, retention, budgetary oversight, materials management, and data management. The Assistant Director develops and implements departmental policies and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director in the day-to-day operations of the department. Provides professional and administrative guidance to staff.
- Evaluates operations and identifies possible improvements within the department. Consults, advises and informs Director concerning administrative issues, needs and problems.
- Plans, organizes and implements services to meet departmental goals. Participates in developing and implementing department wide policies and procedures.
- Interviews and recommends hiring of new staff. Assists in departmental orientation, mentoring, and training and probationary and annual evaluations of staff members. Recommends particular recognition, discipline, and, if necessary, discharge of assigned staff members.
- Assists in the preparation and planning of budgets to control costs and allocates funds in accordance with departmental functions. Performs regular reconciliations, analysis and justification of cost variances
- Recommends and implements cost effective measures in department operations.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with various Hospital departments to facilitate departmental and institutional goals. Maintains communication between governing boards, medical staff, and department heads by meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
- Establishes work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
- Develops and maintains computerized record management systems to store and process data such as personnel activities and information. Produces reports as requested or as necessary.
- Maintains the competencies and skills of staff through proper training and development. Identifies ongoing educational needs and assists in staff development programs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Public Administration or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
· 5 years minimum experience, preferably in a health care setting
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.