Mount Sinai Careers
Physician's Assistant - Department of Medicine
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of a physician, provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services. The P.A. provides a broad spectrum of comprehensive medical services, treating patients with physical ailments, ranging from superficial injuries to acute medical disorders. Case mix complexity consists primarily of routine cases in a structured environment with ample supervision.
- Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
- Bachelor in Science or Masters degree
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the NYS
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current unrestricted DEA certificate
- Basic Computer skills to navigate Electronic Medical Record
- MS Office Basic