Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is seeking talented, self-motivated individual to participate in leading edge research in translational bioinformatics as member of the Functional Neurogenomics Laboratory in the Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology. Successful applicants will be part of an interdisciplinary team that develops computational methods and databases to annotate and interpret large-scale human genomic, transcriptomic and epigenomic data to better understand neuropsychiatric disorders. Work will focus on analysis and publication of studies in a wide array of clinical, translational, genetic and neuroscience research. The successful applicant will develop and implement appropriate statistical analysis and data management approaches to address project objectives, perform statistical data analysis of complex and large datasets, interpret results, provide feedback to guide experimental design or project focus, prepare results for presentation, and may assist investigators with writing methods and results sections of grants and research manuscripts. This position must apply independent problem solving requiring the application of existing and emerging scientific and statistical knowledge.
• Develop and maintain genetic, genomic, and biological databases to annotate and interpret human genome data
• Analyze next generation sequencing data, including whole genome, whole exome, RNA-Seq, Chip-Seq and ATAC-seq data
• Develop and implement algorithms, statistical methods and software to analyze large-scale human sequencing data and perform integrative eQTL analysis
• Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences
PhD in bioinformatics, biomedical informatics, computer science, computational biology, genomics, genetics, or a related field.
• Outstanding programming skills in Perl, Python, R, Java, and/or C++
• Strong genomics and genetics background required
• Priori experience analyzing next generation sequencing data is required
• Experience in network analysis is a plus
• A track record of leading biomedical projects using statistical or computational approaches