Register to Help Join The Fight!
The Mount Sinai Family is coming together to win the battle against COVID-19 and we need your help.
Multiple Specialties Needed for Paid Opportunities:
- ED Registered Nurse
- ICU Registered Nurse
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Physician Assistant
Overall, the Post-doctoral Research Fellow is responsible for day-to-day project activities in the Exposure Biology Laboratory. Associated activities are:
1. Conduct a variety of routine and some non-routine laboratory experiments and assignments with very general supervision of the analytical chemist.
- Preparation of sample batches and analytical reagents, standards and calibration solutions, etc.
- Carry out QA/QC protocols
- Follow proper biological and chemical handling safety procedures
- Assist with analytical methods development
- Preparing and critical cleaning of lab ware
- Maintenance of chemicals and consumables supply for individual project
- General analytical chemistry laboratory and maintenance activities
2. Analyzing/monitoring samples for standard assays on GC-MS/MS and LC-MS/MS.
3. Data extraction, integration and reporting results obtained from standard GC-MS/MS and LC-MS/MS instruments.
4. Proper maintenance of files and records including Sample-tracking system, Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
5. Serves as a resource to all lab users, works with principle investigators. Participate in discussions of research protocols and objectives.
6. Help to set up the lab for new instruments, get trained with new equipment, write instrument usage protocols and train users for usage of new instruments.
7. Other duties include literature search, preparing data for presentations, assistance with scientific report/manuscript writing.
Education: PhD in Environmental Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry/relevant major
Experience: Hands-on work experience with (i) biological samples handling, (ii) extractions (liquid-liquid, solid-phase) and derivatization, and (iii) operating liquid and gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry instruments.