Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Clinical Supervisor is a licensed clinician who oversees and mentors less experienced clinical staff, assigns work, maintains schedules and assists the Practice Manager and other leadership in the implementation of policies, workflows and processes.
1. 1. Oversees clinical staff in assigned area, and assists department management in implementation of day to day activities and processes.
2. 2. Responsible for training staff on clinical office protocols and techniques.
3. 3. Responsible for documentation and maintaining patient immunization records, Coumadin registry, administering vaccines/injectable and other related clinical duties.
4. 4. Assists providers with patient education.
5. 5. Assesses new staffs’ clinical office protocols (i.e., vitals, phlebotomy) prior to probationary performance appraisal.
6. 6. Assists management with triaging, stocking supplies, reordering clinical supplies, etc., as needed.
7. 7. Assists management with annual competencies and performance appraisals
Associates degree, with appropriate clinical course of study (Bachelors preferred).
2+ years in a medical office setting, with some management or supervisory experience preferred. eClinical Works or EPIC experience an additional plus.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.