Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Medical Assistant is an individual who functions in a support role to the Clinical Nurse Manager by providing direct patient care and related activities as assigned. As a medical assistant one must be able to multi-task while at the same time focus on the details of proper identification of patients to ensure their safety, label all specimens correctly in accordance with the hospital policy and procedures established by the laboratory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Observes patient behavior and response to treatments
2) Reports and records routine and specific patient data such as blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respirations, intake and output. Report any variations in patient’s behavior or vital signs to the registered nurse.
3) Assists patients with activities of daily living such as feeding, dressing/undressing, bathing and toileting
4) Perform venipuncture, including preparing necessary supplies for blood drawing, verifying patient identification and observing blood drawing procedures and protocol at all times.
5) Make appropriate copies of EKG tracings if needed.
6) Performs procedures associated with the admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
7) Obtains, assembles and maintains equipment for use during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, as directed by the RN
8) Assists members of the health care team with physical exams and other procedures.
9) Performs errands away from the ED to implement the care of patients including transporting specimens, and/ or obtaining supplies.
10) Transport patient
High School Diploma
Certified Phlebotomy and EKG
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care
with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.