Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of a Reregistered Pharmacist, assists in the preparation of medications for inpatient orders.
- Under supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, may interpret physician’s orders.
- Under supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, manufactures and dilutes solutions and medications.
- Under supervision of Registered Pharmacists, provides drug information to Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, patients and others, as necessary.
- Assists Pharmacists with the preparation of I.V. Additives and labeling of same.
- Under supervision of a Registered Pharmacist fills unit dose carts of prescribed medicates and records same on fill list.
- Delivers medication carts to Nursing Units.
- Assists with monthly medication room reviews. Assures that unused drugs are returned to the Pharmacy. Removes outdated and recalled drugs. Prepares report for Pharmacist.
- Replenishes pharmacy working stock and floor stock items are required. Conducts inventory checks.
- Maintains control records of manufactured items.
- Verifies invoices against drug shipments received. Stores drugs in appropriate locations.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Graduate of / or currently enrolled in a six (6) year accredited program leading to the Doctor or Pharmacy Degree, required OR Current NY State Pharmacy Intern permit, required.
- Prior hospital pharmacy experience, preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.